Pet owners have the responsibility to provide their pets with a healthy and safe life. Owners also have the responsibility to provide their neighbors with a pet free existence.
Keep Mayville Clean
You must clean up after your pet on any public or private property that is not your own.
Pets left in Vehicles
Even on a beautiful 70 degree day, the temperature in a vehicle can reach past 100 degrees in no time and cracking your window does not help your beloved animal. Heat can cause irreparable damage to a dogs brain and kidneys. Leave your pet at home in warm weather.
|Outside Car||Inside Car|
Pet Owners Must:
- Fasten your pet securely to a suitable leash not more than 6 feet in length.
- Prevent your pet from trespassing on neighbors property.
- Immediately remove your pet's waste when excreted on someone elses property.
- Prevent the accumulation of animal waste on your property.
- Properly dispose of your pet's waste by either flushing or bagging and depositing in the garbage.
- Keep you pet quiet.
- Immediately report all animal bites to the Mayville Police Department.
- Always provide your pets with sufficient food and fresh water supply.
- If your pet is kept outdoors, provide them with adequate shade and shelter.
- Maintain pens and enclosures in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Never abuse, abandon or neglect any animal.
- Never leave any animal, enclosed or unattended in any type of vehicle where the air temperature inside and/or outside will cause the animal to be exposed to extreme weather conditions. On a warm day the temperature in a parked car can reach 160 degrees in a matter of minutes, even with partially opened windows. With only hot air to breathe, your pet can quickly suffer brain damage or die from heatstroke.
Every cat and dog, 5 months of age or older, shall obtain a license within 30 days and must wear a current City of Mayville animal license tag on the collar. No dog or cat license will be issued until a certificate of rabies vaccination has been presented to the clerk.
|Mayville Ordinance Violation||Fine|
|No Rabies Tag (5 months or older)||$326.50|
|No License (5 months or older)||$213.10|
|Animal at Large||$213.10|
|Cruelty to Animals||$326.50|